AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently in a redevelopment phase which will lead to a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Warehouse Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Role holder is the leading hand required to perform all warehouse activities in providing critical services to user departments including receiving of deliveries, filling of reservations, housekeeping, operations of MHEs, weighbridge oversight among others and also comply with safety procedures, all regulatory requirements and CAR warehouse management standards and procedures while delivering high customer service to all who call at the warehouse.
- Follow standard procedures and perform assigned tasks in warehouse operations processes and practices including transporter deliveries, receipting, storage, issuing and dispatch procedures for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including requirements for Operations Readiness. In terms of stock control, implement standardized stock taking and cycle count schedules, procedures and practices.
- Completion of assigned tasks and generation of relevant reports for management.
- Timely receipt of Stock and non-stock items
- Resolution of all non-conforming receipts with vendors and purchasing.
- Safe conduct of transporters and delivery trucks through the mine, including facilitating driver inductions
- Correct and safe stocking of items on racks and in bins
- Implement ‘clean as you go’ housekeeping principles
- Wear correct PPEs at all times and comply with all warehouse security protocols
- Timely issue of items to user departments.
- Conduct half year and annual stock taking per audit compliance requirements.
- Perform SAP scheduled cycle counts, investigate and deliver targeted count accuracy levels
- Operate material handling equipment and vehicles relating to warehouse operations
- Build good relations with all persons requiring services from the warehouse
- Monitor weigh bridge activities on a daily basis, and report any faults detected
- Proper documentation and filling of all receiving, Issuing and stock take activities
- Produce stock take and cycle count variance reports and make recommendations for write off/on
- Arrange Salvage and scrap disposals as approved and maintain relevant accounting records
- Monitor, record and reports unfilled reservations
- Correct data entry into SAP through use of scanners and maintenance of relevant records as and when required
- Implementation and compliance with standard control procedures and routines
- including cycle count, weekly and monthly stock taking as prescribed and stock variance accounting and investigations
- Collect and summarize data to a high standard of quality assurance and control
- Objective reporting of SAP stock balance, problem deliveries, count accuracy, picking lists, location reports and recommendations.
- Receive and Monitor daily and weekly complaints, service level targets for critical and routine parts, project items, and consumables for reporting to supervisor
- Comply with all EPA, GSB and MinCom Regulatory requirements as pertains to warehouse operations
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of HND in Purchasing & Supply or HND in Engineering
- At least two (2) years’ experience in integrated warehouse operations in mining, oil & gas or heavy industrial equipment operations or environment.
- Computer literacy required.
- Basic knowledge of warehouse operations protocols including safety and security
- Problem-solving abilities relevant to the role
- Presentation skills
- Local Regulations
- Cost management
- Project management
- Risk management
- Change management
- Audit, compliance and governance
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 12TH NOVEMBER, 2020.