AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited Currently Staffing 2019
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Civil Engineer – Earthworks.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
This role removes the environmental closure liability risk through the coordination of operational activities by reviewing and supervising the implementation of the reclamation works. The Civil Engineer-Earthworks provides safeguards against dangers in the reclamation work areas or domains where equipment and personnel are working. These areas include but not limited to primary and secondary roads, waste dumps, pits, Tailings Storage Facilities for construction/demolition equipment for contractors. This aims to;
• Manage and coordinate earthworks at the reclamation areas in accordance with the Reclamation Security Agreement requirements for the Obuasi Mine
• Coordinate resources including plant, people, materials and equipment
• Manage and coordinate reclamation projects such as demolition functions and project related excavation work as assigned.
- Review Closure engineering designs and demolition works to comply with company and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare construction scope of works and designs using Civil Engineering Standard Method of Measurement (CESMM).
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Reclamation domain areas including contractors
- Schedule, Supervise & coordinate and allocate resources (people, equipment)
- Report and communicate in a timely manner any scope changes, risks, project status, and performance requirements in accordance with the plan of works
- Monitor and review reclamation finance and cost in accordance with the approved budget
- Manage resource, schedule, and any other conflicts to ensure that the work is executed to plan
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary education qualification in Civil Engineering/Earth sciences preferred
- Field experience in managing earthworks.
- 5 Years open pit mining or civil construction earth moving experience
- Execution of Earthworks plan of work
- Cost control
- Coordination and Resource allocation
- Knowledge of PPE, Hazardous materials, First Aid is required
- MS Office user, AutoCAD and Civil 3D user
- Knowledge of mechanical and moving equipment
- Supervise the team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Manage oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with a detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 19TH JULY, 2019.