Newmont Akyem Development Foundation (NAkDeF) is a company, limited by guarantee, set up by Newmont and Akyem mine communities to establish and manage sustainable social investment projects and activities together with GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit). GIZ is a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and education dedicated to building a future worth living around the world. NAKDeF together with GIZ are promoting the establishment of Akyem Vocational and Technical Institute (AVTI). The AVTI is under the NAkDeF/GIZ partnership programme called Akyem Skills, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development (A-SEED). The main objective of AVTI is to equip the youth with employable skills for their livelihoods. The Institute aims at improving the employable skills of the youth through Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET).
Job Title: Accountant (Training Institute)
Work Location: Akyem Amanfrom
Reports to: AVTI Principal/Center Manager
Planning, organising and managing all resources and activities at the Institute. Ensuring healthy progress of the Institute’s Units and maintaining a strong linkage with NAkDeF/GIZ/NVTI/COTVET and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. District Assembly, Traditional Authority).
ACCOUNTANT (TRAINING INSTITUTE):
To assist in the performance of finance and accounts function at the Institute.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities;
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts, bank statement and fixed assets
- Keeps all value books (both receipt and payment books)
- Receives cash and cheques and issue official receipts
- Pays all monies and cheques in the bank account of the Institute
- Prepares staff salaries and wages (payroll) for approval and payment
- File all statutory returns
- Keeps and maintains imprest for the Institute
- Prepares payment vouchers for all payments for approval and pre-auditing
- Keeps and maintains cheque book register
- Issuing bills for trainees upon approval
- Maintaining students’ ledgers
- Maintained monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepares management accounts
- Liaise with banks, auditors and other external bodies on financial issues.
- Performs any other duties assigned from time to time by the Institute Manager
- Must have a first degree or HND in Accounting from a recognised institution or a minimum of Part II in a recognised professional accounting body
- Must have completed National Service and worked for a least 3 years in a similar responsible position
- Must have good reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented
- Must possess the ability to analyse figures, excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organise efficiently.
- Must have knowledge of computers and familiarity with Accounting software is also essential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must not have any criminal background.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their application letters, certificates and CVs to the address below:
The Executive Secretary
Newmont Akyem Development Foundation
P. O. Box NH 33, New Abirem
Email: [email protected]
Hand delivered to the Newmont Information Offices in the Newmont Akyem Project Area.