Newmont Akyem Development Foundation (NAkDeF) is a company, limited by guarantee, set up by Newmont and Akyem mine communities to establish and manage sustainable social investment projects and activities together with GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit). GIZ is a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and education dedicated to building a future worth living around the world. NAKDeF together with GIZ are promoting the establishment of Akyem Vocational and Technical Institute (AVTI). The AVTI is under the NAkDeF/GIZ partnership programme called Akyem Skills, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development (A-SEED). The main objective of AVTI is to equip the youth with employable skills for their livelihoods. The Institute aims at improving the employable skills of the youth through Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET).
Job Title: Workshop Assistant x3
Work Location: Akyem Amanfrom
Reports to: AVTI Principal/Center Manager
Planning, organising and managing all resources and activities at the Institute. Ensuring healthy progress of the Institute’s Units and maintaining a strong linkage with NAkDeF/GIZ/NVTI/COTVET and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. District Assembly, Traditional Authority).
WORKSHOP ASSISTANT (3)
The Workshop Assistants will assist the instructors in delivery of their mandate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities;
- Assists Instructors at the Institute’s workshop during practical lessons for trainees
- Liaises with Instructors to study lessons for the period
- Prepares and arranges the material and equipment for the practical work at the Institute
- Packs tools and equipment after practical
- Assists Instructors in teaching the trainees the practical work at the Institute
- Tidies up the workshop and locks all the doors after work
- Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Must possess a minimum qualification of NVTI 2 certificate.
- An HND in relevant field will be a plus
- Must have at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a smaller community and semi urban environment
- Must have experience in building networks among different partners and organizations
- Must be a motivated team player with an ability to do independent work, organised, systematic, proactive, detailed and goal-oriented
- Must be able to grasp complex issues
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their application letters, certificates and CVs to the address below:
The Executive Secretary
Newmont Akyem Development Foundation
P. O. Box NH 33, New Abirem
Email: [email protected]
Hand delivered to the Newmont Information Offices in the Newmont Akyem Project Area.