The successful candidate will join our Technology Department as Contract Manager. (S)He will administer, support and manage contracts for the Company âs technology spending on products and services across the organization. The successful candidate will own and facilitate contract renewals, ensure SLAs, rewards and penalty clauses of contracts are strictly adhered. The Contract Manager will also liaise with all Tower Companies to ensure contractual alignment and serve as the single point of contact (SPOC) for all contractual discussions between the Company and other vendors.
Job Title: Contract Manager
- Develop techniques and processes to help manage and administer contracts in a manner that best protects the Company’s interests;
- Scope contract recommendations in line with the Company’s strategic business goals while collaborating with internal stakeholders and management;
- Adopt methodologies to analyze and monitor trends in contractual agreements which can serve as leverage in making better future contract agreements;
- Review contracts and identify areas for possible savings;
- Analyze current market trends and help forecast future contractual requirements of goods and services;
- Provide support in the Network Opex and Capex budget preparations, monitoring and implementation based on upcoming and existing contracts;
- To manage all network operating costs (electricity, lease, field operations cost, service support agreement cost, preventive maintenance cost, staff training cost, vehicles fleet cost and tools) in line with contractual obligations;
- Assist the procurement team to negotiate terms, conditions of sale, and warranties of goods, products, and services with key suppliers, vendors, and service providers;
- Support procurement in developing and implementing procedures and policies for purchasing equipment, hardware and software;
- Facilitate and manage technology service contracts, including recruitment, procurement, development, service control, and consultant contracts;
- Ensure all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) agreed in contracts between the Company and suppliers, or vendors are enforced;
- Provide necessary support to plan and manage the Company’s budgeting processes;
- Ensure all agreed contractual reports are shared within the agreed timeline;
- Assist in developing bid proposals, requirement documentation, and tender documents;
- Oversee contract change management and contract closure;
- Provide appropriate contract and subcontract information to Finance and purchasing departments whenever necessary;
- Communicate contractual strategies effectively and timely to team members and stakeholders;
- Assist in the negotiation of terms, non-disclosure agreements, and other related issues with consultants, contractors, freelancers, and other third-party agents;
- Liaise with the legal team to manage the legal review process;
- Monitor performance of contracts for compliance to ensure the Company’s needs and requirements are met including follow-up checks for corrective action.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A University degree in any field but with emphasis on Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field;
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the IT industry (Telcos preferably);
- Proven experience managing projects. (For Telcos preferably)
- Strong knowledge and solid experience in Business Processes for Telco’s (eTOM Model preferably)
- Good understanding of project management principles. PMP certified preferred;
- Strong knowledge and solid experience in processes and applications (For telcos preferable)
- Knowledge in developing and maintaining ITIL policies and procedures.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.