The successful candidate will join our Finance team as Financial Controller reporting to the Chief Finance Officer. S(he) will be required to establish systems and procedures to safeguard the assets of the company and will also be required to proactively review these systems and procedures to ensure an efficient organization. (S)He will also be fully in charge of financial risk management, managing all finance and accounting operational risks and proposing ways to mitigate those risks.
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Manage accounting operations which will encompass Account Receivables, Account payable, General Accounting, Expenditure Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition, etc;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen the company’s internal controls;
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting;
- Identify areas to improve business efficiencies to reduce cost and champion the company’s “War on Waste” agenda while actively contributing to cost savings and cost avoidance;
- Lead and research for technical accounting issues for compliance purposes in a bid to ensure compliance with regulatory and local finance related requirements as well as tax related filing
- Lead in the resolution of technical accounting issues that arise;
- Champion and oversee the month-end and year-end closure process whilst ensuring quality control over all financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and annual reports;
- Maintain corporate relationships with banking institutions and external audit firms;
- Oversee Financial Systems and external providers of such systems and their upgrades;
- Work with the Executive Committee and advise on potential risks and forecast opportunities;
- Control and analyze information on the entire finance unit in order to report accurate financial position and to support management decisions;
- Develop metrics and systems for monitoring business performance;
- Assess current accounting operations, implement new processes or recommend improvements;
- Ensure accounts are always reconciled and provide regular feed-back on company’s performance and financial reports.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in any field but with emphasis on Finance, Accounting, Commerce or other related disciplines.
- Possession of an MBA/ or MSc in Finance or other related disciplines will be an added advantage;
- Professional certification in (ICA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA etc.) is highly preferred.
- Minimum of Eight (8) to Ten (10) years combined experience in Accounting and Finance within an operational telecoms business, FMCG environment or related field and five (5) years experience managing diverse finance teams.
- Must have extensive knowledge in accounting principles and practices including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong business and financial acumen with the ability to effectively manage diverse, dynamic, competing priorities in day-to-day operational accountabilities
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, projects, and activities
- Strong leadership and team development and coaching skills
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.