Agro-processing Investment Advisor at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change – Jobs in Ghana
We are looking for outstanding individuals with a proven track record of leadership and delivery in the public or private sectors.We seek to create international and multi-disciplinary teams and are looking for individuals with a background in: investment, investment promotion, agro-processing, public/civil services worldwide; strategy consulting; relevant industry experience; private equity finance; and international development.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ideally 5-10 years of experience working on Agriculture Transformation Programmes or investment promotion work in emerging markets especially in Sub Saharan Africa and or similar contexts like Ghana, including but not limited to issues related to international trade, private investment, commercial agriculture, market linkages and value chain development.
• Experience facilitating and attracting companies to invest in agro-processing in emerging markets for export.
• Experiential knowledge of institutional development and organisational management, including process and system engineering and capacity development. Experience working with senior executives is an asset.
• An MA in International Economics, Public Administration, Business, Finance, Urban Planning or related fields
• Ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies into concrete and implementable plans
• Excellent writing, presentation skills and verbal communication skills in English
• Understanding of organizational design and accountability mechanisms to reform Government processes
• Effective inter-personal and leadership skills. Team player with an ability to develop and foster relationships with counterparts across a large organization• Proven ability to mentor, coach, and build capacity of national counterparts• Strong analytical and management skills, including sound knowledge of data analysis, strategic planning, and project management tools.
• Willingness and ability to mentor, coach and build capacity of national counterparts
• Ability to deliver results in complex and challenging environments
• A creative and entrepreneurial approach to overcoming barriers and making change happen
• Experience of living and working in developing countries is desirable
• Above all, we are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, drive, resilience, a can-do attitude and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
VALUES WE EXPECT OUR ADVISORS TO SHARE WITH US:
• COURAGE… because to tackle global challenges, we must innovate and take smart risks
• COLLABORATION… because when we work together and with external partners, we can overcome even the largest problems
• COMPASSION … because our work is ultimately about improving people’s lives