The Council of the Agogo Presbyterian Women’s College of Education announces to the Academic Community and the General Public the existence of vacancies for the following
Job Title: Vice Principal
Responsibilities and Duties
• The College Vice-Principal shall be the assistant to the Principal who serves as the academic, administrative and executive head and disciplinary officer of the college.
• He/she is responsible for assisting the Principal in overall management and administration of the college in accordance with the college of Education Act, the Harmonised statutes for the colleges of Education, the decision of council and the academic board as well as other national laws and regulations.
• He/She will shall assists the Principal in maintaining and promoting efficiency in the college
• He/She shall be appointed by the college council upon the recommendations of a search committee and in accordance with the Act and on such terms and conditions as council shall determine
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must:
• Have relevant research Master’s Degree. A PhD degree in Education will be an added advantage
• Be of a rank not below Principal Tutor in a college of Education or a Senior Lecturer in Teacher Education University
• Have post qualification teaching and research experience in a tertiary institution
• Be a distinguished scholar with a capacity to motivate and direct staff
• Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills and be above reproach
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capacity to manage and control crises situations
• Be sober with maturity and able to give sound and impartial judgement
• Be able to attract grants and funds for research and development activities for the college
• Have been in a management position for at least 3 years
• Be able to serve the full three-year term of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60.
Terms of Appointment
• The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for 3 years and may be subject to renewal for another 3 years only.
Location: Agogo, Asante Akyem North
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter with the following:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Reference letters from 2 referees and
• A two-page statement of purpose/personal statement
Agogo Presbyterian Women’s College of Education
Post Office Box 26
Agogo, Asante Akyem North
Or email to:
• Applicants should use the job title as the subject line
Closing Date: 19 August, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.