AECOM Job Vacancy : Land and Buildings Site Inspector- Utilities – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
The Land and Buildings Site Inspector (LBSI-U) reports to the Deputy Engineer’s Representative – Land (Dep. ER) and plays a key monitoring role in the Land Works to ensure compliance with approved shop drawings and technical specifications. The LBSI-U will monitor Utilities Works (excavations, trenching and backfilling works; ducting works for storm water, freshwater, power and ICT lines, etc.) in support of the construction of Paving, Utilities, Drainage, Foundations, and other Works at the designated job site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The LBSI-U is responsible for actively coordinating and addressing issues on site either personally or through collaboration with other engineers, quantity surveyors, contracts specialists, and quality and safety specialists.
The LBSI-U’s duties will include, but will not be limited to, taking particular responsibility for:
- Supporting administration of the Inspection Request process ensuring requests are processed and inspections properly documented within pre-defined timescales.
- Undertaking inspection of works in progress/on completion against pre-defined standards and applicable drawings.
- Providing on-site support to all other members of the construction supervision team. Assisting in developing and maintaining a proactive safety culture and incorporate safety observations into daily works inspection activity.
- Monitoring construction progress against approved design and applicable standards – this infers a broad surveillance role beyond specifically undertaking inspections on request.
- Assisting Planning Engineers in monitoring project(s) delivery against agreed baseline schedules.
- Providing Dep. ER and Site Engineers with prompt and accurate data and/or opinions on all materials testing and quality control issues.
- Implementing effective record systems with especial reference to the compilation of as-built records.
- Ensuring regular checking of the calibration, accuracy and operation of testing equipment on site.
- Reporting and contributing to reports.
- Keeping a daily diary to record important events.
- Assisting in the maintenance of full and complete site records and, specifically, maintaining those records for which responsibility is allocated in the data management system.
- Attending site meetings when requested to do so.
- Preparing and verifying the accuracy of periodic (weekly, monthly) and ad hoc reports and project metrics.
- Obtaining support from the Quality Manager in implementing the QA/QC procedures.
- Collaborating with the Project Controls staff in assessing progress against programme.
“Due to the volume of applications we cannot reply to every applicant, if you haven’t heard from us in 2 weeks please assume you’ve been unsuccessful.”
- Experience working for a consultant is required (3 years minimum)
- Experience in site investigation is an advantage
- Experience working for a contractor is an advantage
Specific skills required:
- Preparation of technical reports
- Supervision of civil construction
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Reading and interpreting time schedules for construction
Person Specification (Personality Attributes):
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- LBSI-U is a member of the construction supervision team and sound interpersonal skills and team ethics are essential
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage.
- Minimum HND in an engineering discipline
- Member of professional organisation.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.