Adexen was mandated by an international maritime group to recruit a Operations Director for its operations. The position is based in Ghana.
Job Title: Operations Director
- To oversee all aspects of operations function, while maintaining a high level of service to customers, measuring and monitoring vendor and staff performance and controlling overall operational costs.
- Consciously establishes a culture that encourages customer focus, individual development, efficiency, collaboration, and creates an environment for process improvements.
- Upholds and ensures that all Group policies and procedures are followed and maintained.
- Implementation and management of Group organizational structure and process, as it pertains to Port Operations, Equipment, Transport Dispatch and Maintenance & Repair functions.
- Chair staff meetings to review and guide progress of costs savings initiatives and operational priorities.
- Negotiate purchasing services, vendor contracts, and evaluations per Group policies.
- Equipment control management of all company owned and leased equipment, including maintenance and repair.
- Resolution of high level concerns.
- Monitor performance benchmarking figures to recognize and appraise personnel and to guide them for improved performance when necessary.
- Represent Area within committees, pursuing efficiencies, cost savings thru the sharing of resources and services.
- Maintain working knowledge of all governmental rules and regulations.
- Participate in various working groups, business processes and any areas as requested by Senior management.
- Assist local management in selection/hiring of staff.
- Maintain communication with local managers, providing, and disseminating updated information regarding policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other area Directors on process improvement and communication flow.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University
- 10 years of experience in Maritime business and logistics Industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar senior position within an international company
- Previous experience in West Africa is a plus
- Knowledge of technical aspects: vessel operations, port terminals, containers operations
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.