Adexen was mandated by an international company to recruit an experienced Head of Transport for its operations. The position is based in Tema, Ghana.
Job Title: Head of Transport
Only applications through Adexen website will be considered for this job vacancy.
- Manage the day-to-day transportation operations of the company; supervise employees, delegating tasks accordingly, monitoring performance, and conducting regular follow-ups with business objectives
- Responsible for direction of the transport department, including operations, maintenance, safety/compliance, equipment, and personnel
- Responsible for purchasing new trucks, trailers and other necessary equipment and systems
- Optimise and reduce operational expenses while maximizing equipment utilization
- Determine staffing levels, job descriptions and assist in the recruitment of drivers and support staff
- Participate in the strategic direction of the transport department.
- Ensure profitability by controlling costs and enhancing trip performance
- Full responsibility for fleet maintenance and the mechanical workshops
- Ensure truck availability
- Liaise with Sales and Finance departments to ensure the right rate is appropriately charged on services rendered by company transport.
- Coordinate and inspect the complete documentation
- Review and report logistics/fleet performance
- Implement good working relationship with Regulatory Agencies to ensure smooth operation of the fleet
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Engineering, Transportation or any relevant discipline for the role
- Minimum of 15 years experience in supply chain, transportation, or logistics
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior role within an international group or a leading logistics & transportation company
- Knowledge: industry trends, supply chain processes, best practices, and compliance requirements
- Organizational and Planning skills
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management
- Communication and Commercial skills