9 Positions At SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College 2020
SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College is a dynamic co-educational boarding school located in Tema, Ghana. We offer quality pre-University education for students from SOS children’s villages across Africa as well as others from the host country, Ghana, and elsewhere. For more information about the college, please visit our website at www.soshgic.edu.gh
We offer quality pre-University education for students from SOS children’s villages across Africa as well as others from the host country, Ghana and elsewhere.
The school seeks suitably qualified applicants with a firm commitment to teach with an experienced faculty and a highly motivated student body in the 2020/2021 academic year, which starts in August 2020.
Interested applicants are to apply for full time positions in the following subjects by 31st January, 2020.
Job Title: Teachers
• Design/ICT (Apply as soon as possible)
• Social and Cultural Anthroology
SOS-HGIC is a candidate school for teaching the IB Mobile Years Programme (MYP) and familiarity/experience with the MYP as well as the IBOP (International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme) would be an advantage. Please visit www.ibo.org to familiarise yourselves with the curriculum and information on the IB MYP and IB DP programmes.
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful Candidate
• Must be caring and understanding and have a strong passion and motivation for teaching and learning
• Is expected to be open-minded, have strong communication and writing skills and also be thinker and problem-solver
• Must be familiar with a variety of teaching methodologies
• Is expected to be familiar with teaching students with varying backgrounds and proficiencies in English
• Must be able to show initiative and creativity with colleagues to produce and generate appropriate teaching materials
• Must have good IT skills
• Must have a positive work ethic and be able to engage students in a challenging and interesting manner
• Must be a positive work ethic and be able to engage students in a challenging and interesting manner
• Must be knowledgeable in the subject area and have teaching qualifications and/or have the capacity to acquire the necessary skills for the job
• Must be prepared to take on pastoral roles and participate fully and enthusiastically in all activities of the school, including extracurricular activities
• Must be prepared to participate in recruitment programmes of the school
For the ICT/Design position in particular, the successful candidate should have profound research interest in technology as well as competence in project designing and the making of prototypes /models.
How to Apply
Applications and curriculum vitae, including three references, should be sent to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 31 January, 2020