This position is in the Operations Support Division (OSD), Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) in New York. OICT provides enterprise-wide oversight of Information Communications Technology (ICT) programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat’s overall ICT strategy in support of the Organization’s mission. OICT is also responsible for the delivery of projects that satisfy the requirements of the UN Secretariat, United Nations Global Service Center (UNGSC), field missions and other supported entities. OICT has implemented a range of infrastructure and application systems and tools to address the principal requirements of its clients to support and enhance the processes of UN undertakes.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting the Global Project Management Section (GPMS, OICT PMO) for programs and projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat, UNGSC, field missions and other supported entities. The incumbent of this position will be a UNOPS personnel and is under its full responsibility.
Job Title: Project Management Office (PMO) Specialist
The main role of the Project Management Office (PMO) Specialist is to support the OICT PMO, project management stakeholders and teams to improve project performance.
Summary of key functions and duties:
- Provide Administrative and Management Support to the OICT PMO.
- Develop and Deliver Project Management Training.
- Provide Project Management Reporting and Compliance.
- Support Project Management Communication and Events.
- Perform other duties as required.
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the incumbent works under the guidance of the Chief, Global Project Management Section / OSD and will report to the Project Oversight Manager and is responsible for the following duties:
1. Provide Administrative and Management Support to the OICT PMO
- Draft and update project management governance documentation, including related policies, standard operating procedures and terms of reference.
- Provide continuous improvement advice to the OICT PMO on project management methodology, as well as issues that may impact the achievement of strategic programmes and projects.
- Provide specialized advice for the development, implementation and evaluation of the OICT strategic projects in alignment with project management best practices and the approved OICT PMO framework and methodology.
- Actively interact with project stakeholders to confirm completeness, approval and dissemination of project governance documentation.
- Maintain and update Project Management Power BI Dashboards environment in coordination with UNGSC SGITT and Reporting and BI Unit.
- Provide administrative support in senior management meetings, draft meeting minutes and summaries as required.
- Assist with project documentation reviews as required.
2. Develop and Deliver Project Management Training
- Develop training materials, such as manuals, guides and training videos for project management methodology, Microsoft Project Online, and Project Management Power BI Dashboards training in coordination with relevant UNGSC SGITT entities.
- Provide training and guidance to the project teams and other PMO stakeholders on project management methodology, governance, best practices and the use of templates, standard reports and tools.
3. Provide Project Management Reporting and Compliance
- Define requirements, design, develop and maintain reports and dashboards with general project information, project status and compliance.
- Monitor and analyze project progress and compliance, and proactively advise management of deviations, risks and issues.
- Engage with project stakeholders to discuss status of new and ongoing projects and provide updates of risks and issues; discuss and follow up on the agreed risk mitigation and issue resolution; provide project assurance.
- Design surveys, undertake data collection, analyze information, and produce reports outlining problems, conclusions and trends.
4. Support Project Management Communication and Events
- Coordinate, moderate and prepare material for workshops and other events on project management, compliance with the approved PMO framework, methodologies and tools such as Project Online, Project Professional and Power BI. Prepare and preserve records of such events.
- Update the PMO website with approved content and remove obsolete content.
- Plan and facilitate bi-monthly global meetings, to brief UN Secretariat and ICT teams to report and discuss global project status and enable interactive discussions on issues and possible solutions. Prepare and disseminate meeting records.
- Communicate and engage with project stakeholders and agree on action plans to manage process changes to improve project management practices and tools.
- Draft and deliver presentations related to project management portfolio.
5. Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in an ICT Project Management Office (PMO).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and support to project teams of a Project Management Office.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience designing project management reports.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with MS Project Professional and/or MS Project Online.
- Working experience with MS Project Online, MS PowerBI.
- Project management certification such as PRINCE2 Practitioner or PMP.
- Experience engaging with client customers at diverse levels, from senior management to junior-level personnel.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Closing Date : 18 June, 2020