2019 Staffing At AngloGold Ashanti
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: CHIEF GEOLOGIST EXPLORATION.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the Chief Geologist — Exploration role is to manage, design, implement, interpret, budget and report on all aspects of site exploration and development plans with a 12 to 24-month outlook within assigned area of responsibility.
- Establish the necessary Exploration processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, and being operationally ready.
- Develop and communicate a rolling 18-month plan, by quarter, that delivers required Exploration services and outputs
- Develop the annual Exploration cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LOM business plans.
- Deliver the work of the Exploration function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPls.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Geology department and with own team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development.
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority.
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of accountability and continuous improvement within team.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least BSc or MSc in Geology
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience
- Broad experience in exploring for a range of ore deposit types in a number of jurisdictions. Gold experience relative to the orebody being preferential.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in ore deposit development and an understanding of locality prospectivity and ore deposit models to identify new targets and new projects
- Proficient in a wide range of exploration practices and ore deposit development techniques
- Advanced Applied Geological Methods
Ore development methods
- Operational management
- Basic Applied Geological Methods
- Project Management
- Fostering a team environment — Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building Trust & Accountability — Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Creating Organisational Transformation – displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives;
- Maximizing Performance Results — solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results.
- Displaying technical and professional expertise, innovating, taking initiative, championing change, establishing stretch goals
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 24TH JANUARY, 2019